Admiral Oven F! Code Buzzer

Admiral Range/Stove/Oven Model Number 68458780

My oven is not that old. When I moved into the house the oven would only heat to about 250 degrees. I replaced the clock control and everything works like a champ.

BUT after a while of working I now have the darn buzzer beeping (of course at about 3 AM everynight). I am getting an f1 error code. Everything on the oven, range, touchpad, etc works fine.

I did the following

-1 = Either the Electronic Range Control (ERC or clock control) or the touch pad is bad.

Use this test to find out which part is bad:

- Disconnect power to the range.

- Gain access to the back of the ERC.

- Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC.

- Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is turned back on.

- Turn the power back on to the range.

- Watch for the F-1 and listen for the beep.

- If you get the F-1 and beep, replace the ERC.

- If after approximately 60 Minutes you do not get the F-1 fault, replace the touch pad.

After 60 minutes I get no f1 fault so it sounds like the touch pad

But the darn thing cost $222. (This is not a knock on RepairClient. These guys are great and I highly recommend them). But I have just suck almost $230 on replacing the clock about 10 months ago.

So I saw this post

I do not know what the outcome was.

I was thinking about disconnecting the darn speaker (instead of dropping another $200 on this piece of trash oven). Is this safe? Will the oven still work after it is disconnected?

Is the buzzer the gold, round disk with the red wire leading to it (botton left, it kind of looks like an old computer real)?

PLEASE HELP!! I need sleep!! Remember the good old days when ovens/ranges lasted for 20 years.

Should I give up on this oven and go buy a new one?

-Kevin

Reply to
kevinjacobs78