Adjusting Storm Door Closures

Page 2 of 2

On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:48:43 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Anything hitting the door knob?

It should close with the window partly down just as if the other door was open., The air pressure build-up with the window open more than an inch of so is zero. The suggestion that maybe something was hitting is much more likely.

Nothing is hitting anything. Having seen that issue before, I made sure that everything would clear as I was installing the door.
re; "The air pressure build-up with the window open more than an inch of so is zero."
I disagree. Hold a screen up in a breeze and tell me that you don't notice a decrease in the wind speed. Any decent screen will slow the air down enough to prevent a "gently closing" closure from latching. Yes, the air will eventually go through the screen, but once's it's stop it's travel, it may not start up again, especially since it now has to overcome the resistance of the latch.
This door have has a fairly substantial "mortise style" latching mechanism, so it takes a bit of pressure to depress the latch itself. It's not one of those cheap "clip" latches.

No...there is a ton of clearance between the knobs.
Nothing is obstructing the storm door.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yep. Sometimes they are a bitch.
Are the closers adjustable? Little screw to increase pressure?

Read the thread.

You've been around this group for a while. Did you expect any less than a total lack of reading comprehension skill from 90% of the respondents?
On May 26, 11:02am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

I can always hope!