Adjusting heat cycle on old thermostat

Renting an apartment with boiler/radiator heat. Seems like when the heat goes on, it stays on too long. The old Robertshaw thermostat (can't see a model #) has a "longer-shorter" sliding switch inside it. Am I correct that moving it in the "shorter" direction will cause the heat to stay on for shorter periods? If I set the thermo at 65 degrees, I would want it to turn off at 67. Thanks.

Yes
If I set the thermo at 65

Correct. "Longer cycles" results in wider temperataure swings.
Setting for shorter cycles causes wires in the thermostat to produce heat to turn it off sooner.