Adjustible window tinting

Hello,

Anyone aware of the progress of electrically-driven (and similar) adjustible window tinting technologies? Any publications on this topic. I am eager to see how soon they might be coming to my area. Looking to make a tintable sunroof in the home library. Not too much interest in LCD, as it is not really tinting but fogging, but others are okay.

Any links regarding the new developments and general theory are also quite welcome.

Thank you for your input. Alex.

PS: Also, are there any membranes I could apply to window panes that are highly reflexive one side, but don't tint (or tint very insignificantly) on the other? A one-way mirror film that won't make the room dark inside is basically what I need.

Reply to
parahumanoid

What are you trying to accomplish? Privacy, or protection from UV?

Reply to
Goedjn

UV is not a big concern. Privacy and comfort of the lighting level are. I don't want to squint if its too bright or start turning on the lights while it's still not dark enough. While the reflexive film is of no use on the sunroof, on the windows that face the pavement it is quite welcome. It would be great if it were as transparent as possible, i.e., with the least tinting effect. That I plan to regulate though smart-glass (I hope).

Reply to
parahumanoid

Alex-

There's been a good deal of progress on electrochromic or "smart glass" in recent years. Here's a short list of manufacturers you might want to look at:

I've had experience with Sage in school construction and it's pretty impressive, albeit spendy. Your best bet to determine pricing and application is to start with the manufacturer, then a local/regional vendor that can help you work through the options.

regards,

kiwanda

Reply to
Kiwanda