adivce on how to replace a SUMP & MOTOR ASSEMBLY on a kenmore dishwasher

I decided to replace a sump and motor assembly on a kenmore dishwasher (model # 668.16879000).

I ordered the part through sears.com (their part # 8534884).

The black seal on the new sump assembly looks different then the original seal. Also the seal is molded to the assembly.

My problem is that I cannot get the new part to properly seat in the dishwasher. I was told by a service tech that you should libricate the seal with dishwaser detergent prior to installation.

I did this, but no matter how hard I push the unit (from the inside of the dishwaser) I cannot get it to snap in place. There is only one way (I hope) to fit the part (A key on the part fits into a slot in the bottom of the dishwasher) , so I do not think I am putting it in wrong. I would appreicate any advice on the proper way to install this sump/motor.

Thanks

Bennett Price