adhesive for wall tile in a shower

Page 3 of 3

So...you live by yourself and you only rinse yourself off once every few weeks instead of taking a shower every day? Then no problem - don't worry about the water. ;)
I'm fresh out of advice for you. Try the John Bridge tile forums and see what the pros over there have to say about your plan. http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1
On 7/18/2011 2:22 PM, RicodJour wrote:

Thx for the link. I'll use them if I have another question.
--
Uno

All houses move. If it's wood framed it's always expanding and contracting with changes in humidity. All materials expand and contract with differences in temperature.
Changes in plane require caulking to allow for that movement. The joint in the corner should not be filled with grout first, and it should not be filled with caulk either. You want the bead dimensions to insure that the caulk is more likely to stretch in the direction you need it to stretch. When a joint is just filled solid with caulk, and the bead dimensions are not controlled, the caulk is just as likely to stretch in the wrong direction and one side of the caulked joint pulls loose.
Here's some more information on caulking: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/79d1383264f377a9/72d6d1548e1ad0d4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=caulking+r+tape+spray#72d6d1548e1ad0d4
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/af1db6e8a4119324/3d162b3d170f1192?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=caulking+r+tape+spray#3d162b3d170f1192
On 7/18/2011 7:47 PM, RicodJour wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/79d1383264f377a9/72d6d1548e1ad0d4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q ulking+r+tape+spray#72d6d1548e1ad0d4
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_thread/thread/af1db6e8a4119324/3d162b3d170f1192?hl=en&lnk=gst&q ulking+r+tape+spray#3d162b3d170f1192
Cool, cool, rico.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjIMNpdeaiM

I'm more worried about the wind than I am the water.
--
Uno