Adhesive for Shredded Rubber?

The hard rubber pad on one of my (automotive) Rhino Ramps went missing. I w ant to make a new one. I am thinking of stuffing shredded rubber from an ol d tire, rubber mulch, or floor mat into the opening with a lot of glue. Any recommendations for the adhesive?
The purpose of the pad is to minimize skidding as one drives up the ramp. I t sticks out a little when there is no weight on the ramp, then compresses when the car drives onto the ramp. See http://yourautoworld.com/images/Acce ssories/blitz-usa-rhino-ramp-8000.jpg (the top of the ramps shown shows the two pads) and http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff463/kyoo1/IMG_3225_zps e59fe2f8.jpg (pads are on the left).
The pad is about 2 in x 2 in x 2 in with a 3/4-inch diameter hole in the mi ddle.