Addition to a monolithic slab

I'm getting ready to expand my shop which is on a monolithic slab with turned down curb (to the frost line). What is the proper method to add on to this slab. Let the new slab float independently with an expansion joint between? dowel the two together with steel dowels? other options?
Frank
Frank Boettcher wrote:

Standard in my area with questionable soil is to dowel the slabs together. TB