Adding sink, do I need to re-vent?

I am adding a basement utility sink 3.5 feet from the basement stack. How far from the stack would a re-vent be needed to be in compliance with the US Plumbing code? If not needed by local code, what would be gained by re-venting this sink? I plan to use this sink to drain a washing machine.

Reply to
Phisherman

If the new sink is on the uphill side of the stack, you can probably just use an air admittance valve.

RicodJour

Washing machines often have quite aggressive pump discharges. A combination of that and a load of suds could overpower some sink configurations. Code or not, a good vent looks like a way to avoid future problems. Cheap insurance. really.

Joe

Reply to
Joe