Adding hanlde to new acrylic tub enclosure...

I had a contractor install a new acrylic tub enclosure. I didn't think I wanted a handle on the wall at the time but do now. 1) where would I find a handle 2) Do I just find a stud behind the acrylic sheet and screw the handle into that, then silicone around handle, etc? Thanks.
A metal shower bar is easy to find in almost any hardware store with a plumbing department. Do you want something acrylic, then google it or browse what comes up in eBay.

Ya, a stud would be best. Tom snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You can only do this in an area where the enclosure is up against the studs. Many of these tub surrounds only contact the studs in a few areas. You may need to install blocking behind the enclosure.
RayV wrote:

There are studs and then the green sheet rock used for showers on top of that. I saw this when they were installing the shower.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

But if the acrylic is not right up against the sheetrock you will distort the shower wall when you try and tighten it to the wall. If it is the kind of surround that is glued to the wall you should be ok but some of them are only attached around the edges.
Tap on the walls of the shower and see if it sounds hollow.
RayV wrote:

The acrylic 'sheets' were glued to the sheet rock. Is is not a one piece encosure.