Adding exterior lock on Andersen sliding patio door

Most places I see online want $50 for an Andersen lock. Is there any other lock that will work for an Andersen door thats cheaper? Anotherwords anything universal?
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:07:21 -0700 (PDT), Mikepier

Why do you need an exterior lock and the Andersen patio doors? If the door is keyed, spend the fifty.
Do not alter the doors, void the warranty, just to be cheaper.
Oren wrote:

I used Schlage cylinder to put a lock in my Andersen Frenchwood sliding doors.
Mikepier wrote:

Nope, Just break down and spend the money so you don't void a warranty. Its amazing to me that a door that's worth 2500.00 and you won't spend 50 freaking dollars to make it right. I hope you never have to change the hinges on an Andersen French door. Your talking hundreds or dollars
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

Its not exactly $2500. The door is 20 years old, Permashield white. If this was a brand new door, I would understand. Just asking if there was an alternative. For example, any lock would fit on an entry door. I thought patio doors were similiar.
The interior lock and latch mechanism is on the door already. The exterior lock is just a cylinder that gets bolted on to the interior lock by drilling 3 holes.