Adding Attic insulation to a 1979 house with blown insulation

Howdy all!
I have perused a couple of threads, but they seem to be in the reverse (rolled insulation is already in the attic).
I have a house in northern Michigan built in 1979. It has blown insulation in the attic. About a year after we moved in, we discovered that one of the bathrooms was venting directly into the attic. I have that situation rectified now, and the damage to the wood repaired. However, I was told that the insulation may have become sodden too. What I would like to do is go to Home Despot or similar store and buy some rolled insulation and roll it on top of the blown stuff. Is this feasible?
Also, When we moved in there was about 2 inch of styrafoam on the basement walls. I was told by the building inspector I had to tear that down. I did. But I have been told since by a few people he was full of it and that it is also hurting my heating. The house is hot water heat and the boiler is down there. It never seems too cold, but still. (I have all the hot water pipes down there insulated). Should I put the stuff back up?
Thanks!
Jim

Styrofoam insulation is not supposed to be exposed. You can put it back up, but then you need to cover it with sheetrock, or cement board. If the basement isn't living-space, though, It won't make a great deal of difference.
Roll it out! I'm gonna do the same thing.
-- Best Regards, Dennis J Sunday Home Inspection Systems Www.homeinspectionsystems.com