Adding an additional Jack

I have an older house that has loop wiring for the telephone system. So to add another line into my office (not a second line), I cut the loop in the attic and added modules, put on a splitter, reconnected everything and dropped the new line into the office. The original loop still works. Phones on both ends are functioning, but the line into the office is dead. I have tested the lines themselves, and they work as well. What am I missing?

Reply to
Kbaum