Adding a vent to my shop's waste line when putting in a shower

Looking for advice on whether I need to add a vent to the waste line downstream of the toilet (~3') where the new shower will tie in. A few feet upstream from the toilet is the sink and the vent for the waste line tees in there . I'm figuring I need to but I'm going to have to move a heater and wreck some sheetrock on the other side of the wall if I do. Any ideas? Thanks Rick
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

shower drain back to the vent stack, downstream of the shower trap.
But...in this case, you might get away with a mechanical vent or "air-admittance" valve: http://www.studor.net /
Oatey makes one too.
If it matters, find out if the town will accept a mechanical vent.
Jim
thanks, I'll tie it in!! :(
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

vent stack) is bad mojo. Usually against codes, too. You'll want to at least route a vent from near your shower tie-in over to the vent stack by the sink (or just go straight up through the roof...but that's typically a lot more work).

I was under the impression that the toilet must be downstream of the other fixtures in a bathroom, am I mistaken?
Thanks, Wayne
Wayne Whitney wrote:

When each fixture is individually vented, it doesn't matter. Jim