Adding a T to an existing sprinkler line

I need to add a T to an existing PVC sprinkler line. It's already buried so it's not flexible enough to put one end on and then slide the other end on the T. Can I use a Slip-T for this?

Or put a union on both sides. A little spendy, but it works.
Steve

Use a glue on Snap Tee
http://www.sprinkler.com/lawn-sprinkler-system-parts/fittings/pvc-fittings/sch-40-pvc-fittings-by-type/snap-tees/snap-tees-snap-x-fipt
Toro makes (a bit on the expensive side) My local Ace Hardware sells & my local Home Depot used to carry. Available on ebay too.
They work fine downstream of the sprinkler valve (in the "zone" piping). I've never used them on the supply side.
Glue them on, wait a couple hours, drill them out. Be careful to not drill through the back side of the pipe...... I use drill a spacer.
cheers Bob

That's easy.
TPVC sprinkler line (there ya go, it's done. The T was added) or maybe you wanted PVC Tsprinkler line or PVC sprinkler Tline

I always use a plumbers torch to heat up the pipes to make them more flexible. Not a lot, just enough.

My lowes has the snap on T's. They're a breeze to do and you don't have to dig up anything but where you are going to add the connection. I've used them a couple times with no issues.
I take the last sprinkler head of for a few minutes to flush the plastic remnants after drilling.