Adding a Heating Register

I have a 14' x 24' living room that currently has 1 heating register and 2 returns. All are supplied with 8" diameter duct. I want to add a second heating register in the room to disperse the heat more evenly. Can I run a new 8" duct, with a damper, back to the main duct without causing any harm to the overall system? Both heating registers will be approximately 15' from the main supply duct. I intend to close the dampers slightly on both ducts after I do this.
Tillio
John Yaco wrote:

I doubt if anyone can really answer your question without seeing your whole system.
On the other hand, if you install it and it works, great, if not you shut the damper and you are no worse off. I suspect the odds are you will see some improvement.
I do suggest that when you are ready for a new furnace, that it would be a good idea to not only review the choice of furnace and its options, but also to have the entire distribution system reviewed as well.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Thanks for the help.