Adding a GFCI outlet with two-wire (duplex) wire

It's 2-conductor Romex (all 120V circuits except the laundry room one), nonmetallic jacket, no ground.
The receptacles themselves are all 3-contact, but no ground connection.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote:

sad it passed inspection:(
If I were you I would add ground lines, not hard just time consuming...

Wow- even in flyover country in southern Indiana, 3-wire circuits were standard practice, and I assume required, by the early to mid 60s. My Grandmother's 1961 house was 100-amp 2-wire, my Fathers 1966 folly just down the street was 200-amp 3-wire. This SW Michigan 1960 cookie cutter was wired with 3-wire and grounded metal boxes, but 2-hole outlets, which I have since switched. (Yes, I assume current code requires a ground pigtail to the outlet, but the test meter is happy, so I'm happy. That old wire is way too stiff, and there is no slack, so I wasn't about to try fishing the copper from under the clamps. At least I got the polarity right, unlike the last guy on half of them.)
aem sends...