Add new wires

Aleksey wrote:Any way to add/replace new wires without destroying drywalls ?

Fish tape. Tom

Reply to
tom

Hello, Any way to add/replace new wires without destroying drywalls ?

Thanks Aleksey

Reply to
Aleksey Telyshev

Vertically in the same area ( between the studs), not much of a problem depending on the age of the construction. Newer homes may have fire blocking at 4 or 8 feet.

Side to side past a stud, your going to need access from above or below to accomplish this one.

Reply to
SQLit

Yes. you fish them. Any good electrician can do wonders.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If it's just a short run, like within one room, consider using surface mounted wiring stuff. Like these things from Home Cheepo:

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Long drill bit extensions can do wonders on fire blocking. I once went

6 feet with extensions. Just dont do what I did the first time I used an extension. I started in the attic, went in crooked and came thru the siding outside. Luckily it was wood siding so a piece of dowel and some wood glue fixed it, followed by sanding and painting.

Reply to
anoldfart2