ACX tongue and groove plywood

Hello all, I have a plan for a shed. The plans call for 3/4" acx t&g plywood on the floor. Two lumber yards i have visited have never heard of such a thing. The plans recommend t&g for the floor in case tractors, etc are stored for strength.

Are there better alternatives? If I use pt, how can i reinforce the seams ?? Thank you.

Reply to
Jack

Hi Jack,

Just use any 3/4" T&G subfloor plywood. I used 3/4" "Gold Edge" T&G OSB on our house. As long as you don't let it sit exposed to the weather too long during construction, you'll have no problems.

Concrete slab. Probably cheaper, stronger, and rot proof.

Otherwise, there are thicker T&G plywoods that would stiffen things up a bit.

Install solid blocking where the seams of the plywood will land if you are not using T&G plywood.

Take care,

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband