ACTS ABOUT WD-40

Page 3 of 3

This is Turtle.
That WD-40 is very good for uses like you say but just don't use it as a oil for electric motors or bearings of Gear drive equipment. It will just dry up and leave metal to metal bearings running together. Now if i just want a motor to run till the next day. I will use WD-40 in it but will change the motor out the next day. The WD-40 will run out what oil you do have in the bears of the motor and the next time it freezes up. It will burn up the bearings.
Everything has a use but WD-40 is not for Electric motors
TURTLE
Some years ago, I was in a friend's garage. He had a wood stove going, and had an electric fan blowing on the woodstove to circulate the heat. I asked how the fan was holding up. It looked like the fan was probably 60 years old.
He says the fan runs for one day on WD-40. It runs for about a month on white lithium. I asked if I might give it a blast of the special oil that HVAC guys use. Well, sure enough, several months later the fan is still running, and he said thanks.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

This is Turtle.
The worst thing you can use on a gun is WD-40. If you put it on the gun, in 60 to 90 days the protection is gone and you back just like it had nothing on it. You have to reapply it atleast every 90 days.
The best gun oil to use is Remington Silicon gun oil. It will stay on the metal for almost 5 years before it wears off. This would be with no use, but if you use it. reapply after each use.
TURTLE
TOM KAN PA wrote:

etc. there was a show on the discovery channel a while back where a lady had a heart attach or such and they called an emergency unit out for her and she was given oxygen in large quanities and then taken to the hospital... while at the emergency room the doctors and nurses got sick as they had an odor or such in the room... the hospital checked it out and they could find no reason for it.. they called the haz-mat people and they checked out the room and could find nothing leaking from the pipes or vents i the room and did not know what it was.. well this one nurse/ or woman doctor did some research and found a scientist that cheecke out the story and found that the woman was using WD-40 for her pain and alot of it.. and that when the EMS unit went to here house and gave her large amounts of oxygen that it combined with the WD-40 causing a reaction with the two chemicals and that it changed into a chemical that was causing the problems in the emergency room........ so this changed the cause of the sickness in the Emergency room from ("its just in your head", to "its really an illness"
Remember thy red spraytube, and thy aerosol can that thy days should be long upon the land. For I am the lubricant, thy lubricant. I have slid thee and thy sons with thee out of the land of Rust. I have coated and soothed and relieved all the days of thy life. For I am the lubricant, thy lubricant.
Acts WD-40
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

TOM KAN PA wrote:

the restoration and future corrosion protection of the Statue of Liberty would be happy to know that they could have been replaced by a can of WD-40. ;-)
How long does this "protection from the elements" last? Minutes?
www.electrochem.org/publications/interface/ spring99/IF3-99-Pages15-17.pdf
RB