Acrylic windows

Page 3 of 3

....as the website says, 12 mils.

Those appear to be the same windows we have on our 3 season porch. Although I don't know the thickness I can assure you they're tough. I've seen branches hit these windows that would have broke glass that have bounced off and not left a mark. Our beagle had unsuccessfully tried to go after a squirrel through one also. They're a little more difficult to clean that glass but a solution of water and woolite does a good job. Not an easy task for considering there's 60 windows out there....120 considering inside & out.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/DSCF0001.jpg
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/DSCF0002.jpg

To go back to my original post, I'm thinking about replacing the vinyl panes with acrylic panes (for easier cleaning, better sound and temperature insulation). And I'd like to know from anyone has experience with the acrylic panes whether they are fairly scratch resistant.
Jean

.
No, it scratches easily.