Acrylic Shower Base/Tiled Walls

We have had installed an acrylic shower base (Americh), and are having the shower walls tiled. What is the proper way to seal the area where the bottom tiles end and meet the acyrlic material? I am thinking the tiler will just use grout, but would silicone caulk be better?

Reply to
RML

For your protection you should let the installer use whatever he wants.

You make a choice it becomes your responsibility.

Either should be fine if hardie-backer or durock is used.

Reply to
Colbyt

AFAIK, it is customary to use caulk at corners of wall to wall or wall to tub/shower, the reason being that there is always some degree of movement or expansion/contraction expected. Americh's installation instructions appear to agree, here:

Silicone caulk would be my choice.

Reply to
norminn