Acrylic or laminate

I sent this to alt.architecture but forgot to post this to alt.home-repair
It's me again, the guy with the "replace the bath tub with a threshold-free shower" remodeling job . Another contractor was here last week and suggested that once the tub is ripped out we use an acrylic shower pan, not cultured marble as the guy on the top of our very short list suggested. The new guy suggested that we use not only an acrylic pan, but acrylic all the way to the ceiling.
The acrylic guy is a franchise who doesn't get good reviews on the Internet, but, maybe there's an advantage to using acrylic?
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Info wrote:

types/brands of products. Last week I heard a discussion on the radio of hot tubs. Basically acrylic sheet is molded and is fairly thin. It is subsequent backup with fiber glass that makes it a substantial product.

I think you'd be better off with plywood. I happen to own a plywood shower franchise and I can assure you it is better than anything else on the market. Plywood surround, plywood ceiling too. The advantage to using plywood is that I make money.
wrote in message

I should have made it clear, I am not using the franchise at all, no way. I'm just looking for ideas. I've had several people hear and some have asked good questions or suggested things that seem like good ideas to me.
I'm just looking for opinions on the acrylic vs. laminate suggestion. Thanks