acrylic cement coating

My backyard patio has ugly, damaged concrete and I wanted to remove it out to put in new concrete, but the quote from a contractor seemed expensive.
I got an ad in the mail about acrylic cement coating which reads "It's durable, weather resistant, oil resistant, easy to clean and maintain. There's no reason to tear out your old concrete when you can beautify it with an acrylic based coating!"
Is this a more affordable and reliable solution? Anyone heard of the Concrete Coating Company?
drew
Snoop Drew wrote:

http://www.quikrete.com/diy/ResurfacingConcrete.html
Concrete decorative overlay topping is quite viable. It is subject to the surface preparation that is performed. Good - water/brush cleaning. Better - acid etch. Best - bead/sand blast. There are several manufacturers and many areas have several contractors who specialize in this work. For more information on the overall process go here:
http://www.thestampstore.com/examples.htm
look for items that reference overlay.

I have a neighbor who did this herself, but she did not do a really good surface prep and now the overlay is flaking off. Look terrible.
I hope you get a lot of responses from people who have done this - or who have had it done. I have the same situation you do.
Snoop Drew wrote:

Just make SURE that you stay away from the company at http://www.onyourconcrete.com
Don
Snoop Drew wrote: