Acid Treatment for Concrete Floor

Hello All, I would like to treat the concrete floor in my basement with an acid stain treatment. Has anyone out there ever done this? Are there any good online resources that you could recommend? Also, after pulling the carpet up, I now have the additional task of removing the carpet pad glue from the concrete floor. Any ideas on that one.
thanks, flank