Acid Stained Floors

I have a guy proposing to do my floors and he says his preferred technique is to put a thin layer of new concrete (almost paper thin) over the existing slab before staining. Googling on this topic hasn't shown me that anyone else uses this technique; seems like the new layer might be brittle. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?

Thanks

Reply to
Greg Esres

If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until you sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4" overlay, then that is a standard procedure and does well, epecially indoors. A company here does this and I have contracted them to do several driveways and so far, so good. They have been in place for about 9 years (the longest) and still look good as far as the structure goes (by that I mean they do not look new anymore).

Robert Allison

If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until you sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4" overlay, then that is a standard procedure and does well, epecially indoors.>>

Thank you. That gives me some reference point to start asking questions. I don't know how serious he was about "paper thin".

Reply to
Greg Esres