Acid Stained Floors

I have a guy proposing to do my floors and he says his preferred technique is to put a thin layer of new concrete (almost paper thin) over the existing slab before staining. Googling on this topic hasn't shown me that anyone else uses this technique; seems like the new layer might be brittle. Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?
Thanks
Greg Esres wrote:

If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until you sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4" overlay, then that is a standard procedure and does well, epecially indoors. A company here does this and I have contracted them to do several driveways and so far, so good. They have been in place for about 9 years (the longest) and still look good as far as the structure goes (by that I mean they do not look new anymore).
http://www.concretela.com/overlay.php
http://www.askthebuilder.com/429_Concrete_Overlays.shtml
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Alliison wrote:
If he is talking about truly paper thin, then it will last until you sweep it the first time. If he is talking about doing a 1/4" overlay, then that is a standard procedure and does well, epecially indoors.>>
Thank you. That gives me some reference point to start asking questions. I don't know how serious he was about "paper thin".