Acetone in keyhole?

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote in news:h4qdu0$f0i$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com:

that only works on non dead-bolt locks,that have a spring bolt that allows the door to lock when closed behind you. (and thats how most people get locked out of their apartments...to prevent that,I only use the deadbolt lock,never the doorknob lock.You must use a key to lock a deadbolt,thus you can't lock yourself out.)

the OP tried to use a piece of plastic in the keyhole. I guess you didn't bother to READ the whole post.It clearly mentions the plastic in the keyhole.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Two month old post? Wow! Another candidate for alt lite bulb.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you start with the premise that the lock is already broken, then no matter what you do you can't screw it up any worse.

Therefore, you could take your key (I think you said you got it) or a paper clip and put a TINY drop of super-glue on it. Stick it and and try to get it to attach to the paper clip and then pull it out.

Reply to
PatM

I have gotten foriegn objects out of locks by straightening a small fish hook ans using the barb to pull it out. Around here its pretty common on Halloween to have toothpicks and matchsticks jambed in you locks.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

jam: Insert forcefully in too small a hole jamb: door frame, which surrounds a door. Often has a strike plate.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Have you suddenly become the grammer police?

Speaking of police, next time you head south, stop in the village of Bath and get a picture of their police car. Guess what it says on the side: "Bath Police". Next time the grandkids won't take a bath, you can tell them that you'll call the Bath Police. If they balk, you'll have a picture to prove they exist.

Reply to
PatM

I have occasional moments when I'm a bit too much like my father the editor.

That's a funny idea. I do get to Bath, NY, now and again. I'll try and get a couple photos, and post them on free hosting site so we can all enjoy them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Also two months since the OP said the problem was fixed, and people are still offering solutions.

KC

Reply to
KC