Accidental use of water and water company?

Page 3 of 4
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Your roof is in very bad shape and so is your furnace. That is my opinion, for which I have I have no qualifications as an expert. Now you must replace it immediately. Do it now!
On 12 Jul 2006 15:35:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Actually, I just paid for an inspection on a property I own but do not occupy. Among other items, it calls for replacing not just one furnace, but also the boiler in the other wing of the house. This is a single family residence of about 5000 sf. with two wings. One half forced air and the other baseboard hot water.
The roof is also in bad shape and will cost about $75k - $100k to correct.
Meanwhile, I think you should stop being such a busy-body. Your friend should sort out his own problems. You have already demonstrated that he doesn't value your opinion, anyway. Why are you still trying to insert yourself in the situation? Time to butt-out ...if you are smart.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Since when is asking for what experience others have had in similar situations being a busy-body? Isn't that what this newsgroup is about? Apparently it interests you enough to keep posting, even when you have no direct experience to contibute.
Your friend should

On 12 Jul 2006 16:40:13 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Excuse me? It seems that you asked a question and were only interested in answers that agreed with what you had already decided. Add to that, that you are not even a legitimate party to the issue, and we are left with the reality that you are simply a meddler.
Find a better hobby.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Excuse you? No, fuck you. You called me a busy body and a meddler. Who the hell appointed you to decide who has a legitimate question or what questions are appropriate to the newsgroup.
On 12 Jul 2006 18:19:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

You have just further proved my point. I'll bet lots of people just can't wait to try and help you the next time you post something here.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

I've been a long time poster here and regulars here can reach there own conclusions. I can't recall you ever contributing anything here before you chimed in with total nonsense.
Your very first post in this thread was:
"I think YOU should pay for all this misery. It's clear that you did not make a strong enough effort to make your friend take your warnings seriously. You really failed badly, and just look at the result. While you are at it, I think you should apologize to the landlord for not notifying him of this clear danger before disaster struck. "
Now, how stupid was that? I replied trying to dismiss it as a possible joke, by saying your roof and furnace are shot, you should go replace them. As if anyone seriously expects parties that are not even qualified experts and are 3 times removed to start giving unsolicited advice to a landlord that they don't know.
So then you chime back with the state of your roof, so obviously that went right over your head. And then you tell me I'm a busy-body and meddler, for asking a perfectly legitimate question, as if someone appointed you moderator.
So, yeah, fuck off.
On 13 Jul 2006 06:06:50 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

People with a sense of humor were easilty able to see it was sarcasm.

Poor baby.
On 12 Jul 2006 07:41:31 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

An accident? That one chose NOT to repair/replace the heater as required in order to gain money?
Notice I did not say to _save money_, but to gain money.
Saving money is taking care of business when you need to. Repair or replace as needed so you DON'T dump 50,000 gallons of water or replace half the wood in your home.
When one has no intention of being around for when it hits the fan, they _gain money_ by refusing to address things when they should and let the dice roll.
So the dice rolled and this time the house won. The contract between landlord and tenant will show how smart the landlord really is.
-zero

Someone asked about the 60,000 gallon loss of water we had. It was a flush valve in a bathrrom in a warehouse that is not used. No one even went into that roomf or a long time.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Hehe. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, dumbski.
How about that cite on pulling a permit for replacing a light switch and receptacle, fool?
You do have one, don't you?
On 13 Jul 2006 12:17:41 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"

He did not pay, dumbski.

When does school start, dumbski? You must be the first generation to masturbate sitting up-right.
Sincerely,
Oren
Oren wrote:

Are you calling him a liar, retard?
"The water department did come back to verify the reading since it was unusual, but they sent the bill and we had to pay it. "
Or are you just stupid?

How original! Did you make that up all by your little self? Do you think it's a Usenet first?
On 13 Jul 2006 14:06:39 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"

I'm sure he don't live in a warehouse, dumbski.

"we had to pay" may mean a company, dumbski.

I can do something about stupid...What can you do about being a dumbski?
Oren
Oren wrote:

Non sequitur, retard. (look it up)

Non sequitur, retard.

I suggest you start in the near future, retard. It may save you from any more embarrassment.
On 14 Jul 2006 07:43:58 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"

Like Jackie Gleason told his son in the movie:
When I get home I going to slap you mamma.
Oren
Oren wrote:

Don't be stupid, retard.
Judging by your Jackie Gleason reference, you must be on the other side of ancient.
My mother could simply kick your walker out from underneath you.
And if you persist, she could unplug your oxygen tank.
But don't worry, your colostomy bag is safe.
You would better serve yourself by addressing your 'stupid' problem.
On 14 Jul 2006 08:45:31 -0700, "TheNIGHTCRAWLER"
recalcitrant
(look it up)
Oren
Oren wrote:

Fine. Remain stupid. Really, Alzheimers Oren, I couldn't care less.

Now this was fun http://www.city.pittsburgh.pa.us/BBI/html/electrical_permit.html http://www.co.chatham.nc.us/dept/centralpermit/web/When%20a%20permit%20is%20required.htm . Electrical Permits Required
No person shall install, alter, repair, replace or relocate any electrical material, appliances or equipment without first having obtained a permit for the specific work to be performed.
http://www.ci.watauga.tx.us/publicworks/epermits.htm
WHEN IS AN ELECTRICAL PERMIT REQUIRED?
A person, firm or corporation shall not erect, construct, enlarge, add to, alter, repair, replace, move improve, remove, install, convert, demolish, equip, use, occupy or maintain a structure or building, service equipment or cause same to be done without first obtaining a permit from the Public Works and Parks Department.