Access to fill valve on Kenmore w/d stack?

I have a Kenmore w/d combo; I've got the front panel off the washer, but the fill valve is all the way on the back side. It doesn't seem possible to get to the fill valve through the front access panel. Does the tub have to come out to get to the fill valve, or is there another way to access this part. Does anyone know?