AC Vent making noise

My AC vent is making a whistling like noise.
Any ideas of the cause? My thought is that there are too many vents closed (1500+ sf + the garage vents, and at least 4 vents are closed).
Could it be something else?
The compressor and stuff sounds normal, but where the cold air comes out it's just very loud. Is it safe to leave running?

OK, with all of the vents open, the vent downstairs by the unit sounds like shoes in a drier. Any ideas on this?
You are about to freeze your coils. Open up the vents.

Mike wrote:

Shut it down and get your service company out.
It could be the blower wheel is coming apart and this could do some damage.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician