AC units--mini split brand info, please

I am replacing an 18 yo Sanyo min split a/c heat pump (~~9000 btu). I have been online and have come across a few different brands, but cannot find any evals on them. Prices vary from $500 - $1100 for similar specs.
Any help appreciated--
Mitsubishi
Soleus
Hitachi (is this made by Soleus?)
and Maytag
tia
Mitsubishi does pretty well in my area, which is the Midwest.
Have you hugged your A/C Tech today ?

You mean to tell me with all the free trips that Mitsubishi gives away, and the fact that they advertise like crazy....you STILL would reccomend them?
You freaking hypocritical bastard!
HVAC fella posted for all of us....

Your recommendation is like a kiss of death. Mr Slim is gonna be anorexic after they find out your endorsement.
--
Tekkie

This is Turtle.
Miss-a- bitchy all the way.
Don't mine HVAC fella for he is our Resident troll and does not know anything about mini-splits.
TURTLE
thanks
cr