AC REPLACEMENT

Page 2 of 2
You will save 30- 35 % , more if your 10 seer is realy operating at 8, maybe 55 % ++ . Its a good investment , quick payback . Be sure they do a load calc, you wont need the same sized unit and you need it sized right. There are higher seer out there.
CBhVAC:) writes:

Details? But you need a water source?

I will find the webpage for you...its a new company out of AZ, and all you need is a water tap. Looks like a swamp cooler...but its an AC condensor. Has a float switch and a pump. Reduces water consumption, and if you have it tapped into your homes water supply, I am sure that the cost of the water more than offsets the electrical usage.
CBhVAC:) writes:

If it's like these old standby's:
http://www.fhp-mfg.com /
you needs a lotta water. Maybe if you have a pristine pond in your back yard.

Nope, not like the Florida Heat Pump units, or the WaterFurnace. Still looking for the link...the guy that trained me in CA is selling them, and put on on his house in Palm Springs CA...may have to call him in the morning and get the company name again.
Measure the house size, number of windows, etc. It's possible to calculate how much heat loss or gain.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
'Hi, my AC went out and I decided to replace the unit. I live in Sanantonio, Texas and it gets hot here. The guy gave me a lists of quotes and I am thinking about getting the Trane XL19i system. It is supposed to be top of the line. The total price he quoted me is $ 9130. That covers everything, heat pump, ai handler, installation and taxes. Does this seem like a reasonable offer for this unit? It is 17.90 SEER and my old unit is 10 SEER. My current electric bill is about $250 a month. What type of savings would I there be? Thanks, JBS '
ME: You must have money to burn. Paying nearly 10 thousand dollars for this system will not be a good return on investment..even if you lived in the Sahara Desert 24/7 .
He got bids, We cant see the job and work involved. So to criticize his price is unfair. Someone can always get someone cheaper. So it will have a good payback , it may reduce his bills 50%. My last 700 hack is costing me 1500 now. Quality doesnt come cheap.

Yep, but since he's a 700 hack himself, he has to criticize so people will still be mis-informed enough to call him. Dave is just on a crusade to make him proud of the putz that looks back at him from the mirror each morning.
- Robert
Yeah, but the installers would have fun.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus