AC question........too humid

Page 2 of 2
Norminn wrote:

Turn the thermostat to 72 and buy hubby a sweater.
Put rice grains in the salt shaker.

If your thermostat is at 80 degrees and you have a humidity problem, there are two things to check first:
a: Is your a/c running long enough to dehumidify your house? (Apparently not - perhaps your a/c is actually too large for your house); b. Outside air is getting in through openings, or open doors or windows.
We're not only in Florida, but we live next to a lake. Although the outside humidity is 80-90% (when it's not higher!) inside our humidity is currently 56%. We leave our thermostat at 78 degrees (daytime) and 80 degrees (nighttime). We are careful to seal up the windows and not leave doors open -- and ensure we have some air moving, so when necessary we have a ceiling fan turned on. Even outside in the lanai, staying in the shade and having a ceiling fan on will keep us comfortable.
OT, but germane -- according to today's paper we've already had over 15 inches of rain in June (not counting the three inches from yesterday and today) and for May and June we're 17 inches over the normal amount! No wonder it's so humid outside.

Have you tried losing some weight?