Ac problem with the Honeywell Chronotherm III Therm

I just got a Chronotherm III to replace my old Honeywell dial therm. When I installed it I get the -AC message. Witch in using the groups I found out means no Ac power. What is wierd is when I turn off auto and switch to the fan, it comes on.

Any Ideals, Any would help

THank You

Reply to
David Ehrenreich

Easy enough. You replaced a T87F that did not have a common lead. Ten to one, the wire that is missing, or isnt hooked up at the thermostat, or the unit since it wasnt needed, was the C line. You still have power to the stat, the stat just has no way to know it.

The reason your fan comes on, is that like your old stat, the auto-on switch is nothing but that...a switch. You are completing the circuit to the fan relay.

Reply to
CBhVAC:)