AC making high pitched sound

My home AC system is making a high pitched sound down around the area where the air filter goes, ive taken the cover off and can confirm its the rotating fan motor thingy that pulls the air into the ducts that go off into the house. Is there a general maint for this motor? Whats advised?

This is Turtle.
Remove the blower and oil the motor before the bearing finish eating up.
TURTLE
It might be that the filter is too dirty or restrictive and the air is making that noise. Or the grille may be whistling. Or the filter may fit in the housing poorly, and air is bypassing it, making noise in the process.
Pull the filter out, see if the noise goes away. If the noise remains, oil the blower motor with 20 grade non detergent oil.
Stretch
Subject: AC making high pitched sound
<> My home AC system is making a high pitched sound down around the area <> where the air filter goes, ive taken the cover off and can confirm <> its the rotating fan motor thingy that pulls the air into the ducts <> that go off into the house. Is there a general maint for this motor? <> Whats advised
It could be that the blower motor needs to be oiled. some don't have oil ports though so it is hard to say. is this belt drive? it may be best to have that maint. done by the co. that services your system.
-=> HvacTech2 <=-
.. "....give me a second...I'm thinking!!!"