AC leaking refrigerant? Not always!

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:40:54 +0000, Travis Jordan wrote:

The gas displaces oxygen so basically the high comes from starving the brain for oxygen.
Meat Plow writes:

No, it is narcotic even if supplied with a proper concentration of O2.

Sorry, that is incorrect. The United States legal definition of narcotics refers to opium, opium derivatives, and their synthetic substitutes. Some illegal drugs that are classified as "narcotics" in the U.S. Controlled Substances Act (CSA), are technically not narcotics.
Travis Jordan writes:

I use the adjective "narcotic", you the noun "narcotic(s)" in law. Two different meanings. My use is correct. Look at any MSDS here:
http://www.google.com/search?q=r134a+narcotic
E.g., "in low concentrations may cause narcotic effects".
Now stop your quibbling.

If you want top check out the locking cap go to the website http://www.noventcaps.com /

I learned that when someone breathes in the refrigerant they also breath in the oil that is mnixed with the refrigerant and that coats their lungs.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician