AC enhanced with distillery

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks, Cuth

Puddin' Man

The water output is from the moisture extracted from inside your home. If you fill your home with Scotch vapors, it should pull them out of the inside air as well. Try firing up a vat of malt in your living room using peat as fuel.

Reply to
Pavel314

Puddin' Man wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, it does not. It creates condensate. Distillation requires heating a liquid to its boiling point. Condensation requires only cooling a vapor to below its dewpoint -- which is what's happening in your air conditioner.

You can't.

It's not. Read about distillation on wikipedia, and you'll understand why this is so.

Reply to
Doug Miller

You can actually use a heat exchanger that bypasses the condenser coil to preheat your mash which would require less energy to bring it to a boil. I've serviced such units used to provide hot water for homes. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have standard forced air system in midwest US. All day long the expansion valve creates distilled water.

How can I enhance the system to distill, say, Scotch whiskey? I feel as if a Great Opportunity is daily passing me by. :-)

Thanks, Cuth

Stormin Mormon

Interesting.

Many Thanks, Cuth

Reply to
Cuthbert Crossthread

Had similar on the geothermal system in TN...worked very nicely in warm weather, doesn't help in cold, of course...

Reply to
dpb