AC Cutting Out

Between the hours of 2pm-7pm ish my AC cuts out. It's still blowing air just not cool. It's in the mid 90's here most of the summer. Any idea what might be the cause of this?

Reply to
J.F. Kirkland III

Did you sign up with your local utility for one of those "energy saver" thermostats and forget to read the fine print?

Reply to
CJT

"J.F. Kirkland III" wrote in news:IaWsg.7011$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.southeast.rr.com:

Very little info. Cuts out??? You mean compressor shuts off? What is the temp differential between the return and the vents say in the morning vs this outage time?

Reply to
Al Bundy

I am also suspecting a utility switch.

You must not live in BGE service area. They cycle your compressor on and off every 15 minutes between 10AM - 9PM on hot days. It's a lot like not having air conditioning.

Reply to
scott21230

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1152677351.699694.121960 @s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

That's why I said he needs to post more info. It can be read as for many continusl hours it blows just air.

Reply to
Al Bundy