AC Covers

Rigid foam insulation, plastic and duck tape. My shop AC unit isnt in a window, just a hole in the wall. I box it in with 3/4 inch rigid foam and then wrap it with plastic and duck tape.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

I've heard and experienced the same with my gas grill too. Thre seems to be something to it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Why do you think they make such a point about car covers being 'breathable' these days? They can only shrink-wrap boats because they are plastic. Anything metal inside a plastic bag, that is subject to temp and humidity swings, WILL rot and rust.

In OP's case, with the the thru-wall (real or converted window units?), I'd make air-tight lids for the inside to stop drafts, and treat the units as expendable, and just plan on replacing them every 7-10 years. That is what motels do. Make sure the weep holes are unplugged, and the unit has the right slope so no condensation ponds build up inside.

-- aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers