AC condensing unit problem

While replacing thermostat I have shorted out control transformer on my AC system. I have split system and I already replaced the 24V transformer for the fan (the unit an the attic) and got it to work. However, the condensing unit is still not working. Here is a picture of the electric parts on the unit:
http://e-pixel.net/AC_condensing_unit.jpg
I have power 220V coming into the unit and I have 24V now coming to the unit from the attic fan. I was trying to follow the 24V on the condensing unit but it goes inside the coil to the bottom (labeled on the picture) and I can't find 24V anywhere on the unit. I checked every other wire with the brown 24V wire and I don't have 24V anywhere. Can someone help me out here. What's inside the unit where the blue 24V goes to? What else could be damaged here?
Thanks in advanced for all your help, Jack
JackpipE wrote:

You have a CARRIER 38ED high eff. from the 80's. The electronic board is a "anti short - cycle" timer. Remove it from the circuit. Your unit will light if you have 24 v from the two wires coming in. You'll have to 'by-pass' the c.b. Good luck.
--
Zyp

Be a good idea to replace the delay timer, of course.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Do you have power coming back from your thermostat when the unit is calling for air? I would check for voltage at the stat and from the stat first. If you have an electronic stat you could have blown the stat board. Do you have heat?

Yes I do have heat because I already replaced the transformer on the furnace that I also have blown. Yes, I do have voltage on the thermostat. From the attic unit (fan) there is 24V going to the thermostat. 3 wires white, red and green connecting to RC, G and Y on the thermostat. There are 24V on the thermostat. 2 wires 24V go to the condensing unit. I do have the 24V on the condensing unit at the end of the wire, but I can't find the voltage on the electronic board or any other wire on the condensing unit as I described in the first message opening this discussion. I appreciate all your help but most of what you say sounds Chinese to me. Is there an easy way I can test what's wrong with my condensing unit? Can someone say with high confidence that it's the electronic board could have blown ?
Thanks, Jack

My thermostat has a built in "anti cycle" feature, in that it will not allow less than 5 minutes between compressor cycles. I don't know if that board does the same thing, but just figured I let you know in case the board is bad, you can use the T-stat as a substitute.
Mikepier wrote:

SOLID-STATE TIME GUARD II CIRCUIT,
protects unit compressor by preventing short
cycling. Time Guard II circuit provides a 5 2minute
delay before restarting compressor after
shutdown for any reason. On normal start-up, the 5minute
delay occurs before thermostat closes. After
thermostat closes, the Time Guard II circuit then
provides a 3-second delay to prevent contactor
chattering.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info