AC broken!

For central AC, the ones I've serviced, there are three capacitors. Not "starting and run for the motor" either. I think you're thinking of refrigerator compressors, which have a start and run winding. Tony isn't making much sense.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Rudy" wrote in news:MRpRj.228483$pM4.49938@pd7urf1no:

Well I wan't as lucky as you but I got something good out of it. One of the HUD Wrecks I had a few years ago had the blower go out in a split heat pump. Same thing. Humm from the motor in the air handler. Had used this company before. Described problem and that it didn't work on cool, heat or air. Gave him all the equipment info on phone.

He comes by and says if I'm lucky it's just the start cap and that's maybe 15 bucks plus 75 trip charge. NG :-( Had to put blower motor in.

200 parts, labor and trip charge. Brought proper cap and motor since I gave him equipment info beforehand.

So what did I get good? An honest troubleshooting. He told me about it and tried the cap first. That's worth something. That's why he's the one putting the new HVAC system in this HUD wreck in a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Red Green

"MiamiCuse" wrote in news:CpudnXpWM7ziDovVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@dsli.com:

Geesh! What was the cost for the trip charge? Where are you located? Of course, I could guess Miami.

Reply to
Red Green

Thats CAPACITOR...too bad, I fixed (replaced) mine in half an hour..the part was $ 2.57

Reply to
Rudy

We already knew that Stormy. You're an idiot. We already knew that too. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Don't you see? A capacity costs about $120, the rest is the install fee.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

wrote: In Miami; you saved money.

------------------------------- i guess so ,since capactors are about 3.00 each in store.