AC and Heater not blowing enough air into the house.

hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA
david
david wrote:

What kind of heat? Electric furnace, oil, gas, hot water, heat pump?
david wrote:

In addition to telling us what kind of heat, maybe you could let us know if it is keeping it warm enough and cool enough. Why do you think it is not blowing enough air?
For the pros around here, you might also want to tell us the make and model of the heating\cooling system so they may know the features of it.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
So simple :: Get a pro out, If your AC coil is clogged from prevoius tennants not running a filter that could be it, or is your filter good? Either way get a Pro out, You cant fix it if you are here posting questions.
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:14:49 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Holly shit Ransley. A post from you that is correct, partially anyways. Now you're just plain frightening. Not to mention the fact that you dont know if its gas, oil, heatpump or electric so all you and anyone else can do is guess. But then, thats the way you work. Guesses. Bubba
But of course Buba ass you have a better explanaition or fix? No you don`t. So what if it is oil or gas. Clean it is the answer
Besides the type of heationg and cooling and recommendation to check the filter, I also want to know if you have also checked to see if the windows and doors are good and that there are no drafts and insulation is OK, etc.
Bubbass you Try but you failed , what a looser you are.
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:59:20 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Hey webtv Ransley trailer billy. Doesnt webtv let you post the original OPs message? Looking at your posts is like watching you talk to yourself. God Id hate to be living in a trailer with my sister like you do. Bubba
Sorry Bubbaass Ive never worked on a furnace nor never will. I hire TECHS not like YOU Hack boi
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:05:52 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

EXACTLY my point you fool hack wannabe. You spew shit like its advice sent from god. You havent a clue and you just admitted it yet the bullshit flys from your mouth. Whats wrong webtv boy. You try this field and fail miserably then all the guys made fun of you? Now you're going to pout in your trailer and teach em a lesson? Yup. You'll never be anything except that turd in the bottom of your outhouse. Bubba
it is electric. it isn't warm enough in the winter but not bad in the summer but i feel it could be cooler.....
david
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:32:13 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

A clogged filter or clogged AC coil from previous owners negligence , just a guess and a place to start.

If you have a central forced air heating system (as opposed to hot water, baseboard heaters etc) then you might also check to see if the humidifier air bypass damper is all the way open. If so, consider closing it a bit.
I learned recently after helping my BIL install one that this damper needs to be partially shut. If left open, then too much air might circulate from the high pressure (hot) side of the furnace to the cold (return) side. When this happens, air circulates through the humidifier back to the return without going through the house. I checked mine when I got home just to see how it was set.
Rob

If its sized and installed correctly, it does not matter one bit about the dampner that isnt used on half the installs. The air you talk about, isnt being vented to the outside of the ductwork, and unless you have a 16 inch duct feeding the humidifier, (surely you dont..LOL) a dampner in most cases is useless.