ABS or Cast Iron Traps

I am finishing a remodel and need to to install the under sink plumbing. ABS traps and drain assemblies seem so much easier to work with. Is there any distinct advantage going with cast iron?
No, none at all. Tom Work at your leisure!

Cast iron is sooooooo much to work with. Cast iron is also subject to lots of chemical reactions.
Like the other guy said.......
Michael Roback wrote:

It is quieter, but for that application, I would go for ABS every time.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
For a trap, ABS is fine. Mixed systems of ABS and cast for the waste are used to mitigate cost (material & labor) The cast iron pipe (no hub) should be used for all drains above the first floor to control noise. (except for the traps) You can use the ABS for the vents since they shouldn't have any water flow in them. ABS drains down first floor walls sound like Niagra Falls when the toilet is flushed.
Inspector Dana

time.
Michael:
MR> I am finishing a remodel and need to to install the under sink plumbing. MR> ABS traps and drain assemblies seem so much easier to work with. Is there MR> any distinct advantage going with cast iron?
Cast iron will be quieter but as the other gentlman indicated for that particular application shouldn't make much difference.
(The waste lines of the original house here is cast iron, for the addition is plastic. The plastic is definately noisier!)
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* THE KEYBOARD RESTAURANT MENU: (_)D (_)D Freshly brewed coffee!
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

Are you asking about the traps, or about the drain/waste/vent plumbing? For DWV, I'd second what Dana said: no-hub iron for the drains and ABS for the vents. For the "under-sink" traps, I'd always use brass or chrome-plated brass. The cast-brass "LA Code" traps are very robust, but very expensive.