Abridged version - Alarm system transformer + power supply

I watched a documentary about the modern British Navy where they were using yards for the ship's guns but the ground troupes were using meters. I'm going to guess that all the naval artillery tables and calculations would have to be redone to convert to metric. I remember that the older ships have mechanical computers to calculate trajectories and it would be quite a chore to refit those old ships. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 19:16:42 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Note that the Navy also uses nautical miles for surface distance (and yards for torpedoes). All of the conversions are trivial for the few times they're necessary. Certainly easier than the entire service changing. The same is true for domestic use of FPS. With calculators and computers, it's even more true.

You can't teach an old Swabby new tricks. Perhaps the reprogramming of a sailor's brain is more difficult? ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:15:10 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Perhaps, when things get tense and lives are on the line, you want training to take over and actions to be automatic.

Clueless. There is no difference. There can't be.

He isn't any brighter than you are, then.

Utter nonsense. Electronics is mostly metric, but also uses base 2, 8, 16, and logarithms with base e. I do this stuff daily, yet have no problem doing woodworking in inch-feet and pounds. Some of my tools are metric. No problem. The calibration marks aren't normally necessary anyway. If they are, the conversion is trivial.

Who cares what you do? Knock yourself out. You've said nothing that supports your asinine position.