Abrasion On Cu Water Pipe: What To Wrap With ?

Hi,
Have a 3/4 house Cu water pipe that is being abraded by a garage door spring when it opens and closes.
Very hard to re-position either.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might "wrap" the Cu pipe with to minimize the abrasion caused by the spring coils as it opens and closes ?
Thanks, Bob

No. Do the job the proper way -- either move the pipe, the spring or both to eliminate the problem. Sheesh.
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 6:04:28 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:

absolutely. do it right.
replace that section of water line with pex
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 5:31:02 PM UTC-4, Bob wrote:

I guess you could tape a thin piece of wood to it, like the large paint mixing sticks for 5 gallon pails to it, to protect it. But it sounds like the correct solution is to move one or the other.
On 7/3/2016 6:56 PM, trader_4 wrote:

Anything put there to stop the rub will be forgotten about until the copper eventually wears through. Could be next month or five years from now. If there is some flex, attach a wire to it and attach it to an anchor on the wall to pull it away.
Alternative is a piece of PEX and two sharkbite fittings.
On 7/3/16 4:31 PM, Bob wrote:

PVC conduit repair kit. It's just a piece of pvc sliced in two lengthwise. One here: http://www.conduitrepair.com/product_repairKits.html The local hardware store would have a pvc pipe nipple that could be sliced lengthwise. Glue and/or hose clamps to put it together where you want it.
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 6:58:17 PM UTC-4, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I like that idea. Couple PVC nipples cut length wise, gives you 4 pieces. Glued at 4 spots should do it.
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 17:58:12 -0500, Dean Hoffman

That looks like it is worth a try.
On 7/3/16 9:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

???
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 19:40:23 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

+1 to what??
On 7/3/16 10:47 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

He concurs with the previous posted solution he was responding to.
--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law

He didn't respond to any solution. He responded to the original post that was asking a question.
On 7/3/2016 5:31 PM, Bob wrote:

Some thing hard like platinum, or titanium might last for a while.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, July 3, 2016 at 9:51:58 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Platinum is not hard...how about your head?

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Flooding is no fun. The only solution is to move the pipe. I'm sure you can move it over at least a few inches by adding or removing a few inches and/or modifying the fittings to re-route it.