above oven microwave

Does anyone know if there is one that will microwave, bake, and broil?

Had a local hardware store salesman tell me that there was one and he couldn't remember the name.

TIA.

Reply to
oreo123

GE has a convection mw, but it will not broil. Will mw, regular convection heat, or both together. In my looking for a new unit, I did not run across any that could broil but they may exist.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

GE's Advantium will do all of the above, and much faster than you ever dreamed of. It ain't cheap though.

Reply to
Sunflower

Hi, Then it has to be combination of heating element and MW. MW heat is not conventional heat which won't broil. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

They have micros that have convection, but I don't see how they could broil. IMO, I'd rather have the convection in my oven for space reasons.

JennP.

Reply to
newfy.1

Check with local appliance stores, or Sears, or Lowes, or even Home Depot. I saw some in Sears. I doubt if you would find many for under $2,000, though. Some I saw were over $2,600.

Reply to
willshak

Wow. Just went looking. GE said over 1k. Sears they are 1300 or so. UGH.

Supposedly that model will bake and broil.

Oreo

Reply to
oreo123

Just to be sure, because others might have thought you meant something else ( but I read the header), you are talking about a conventional oven with a separate microwave oven mounted above it, and not one single oven that did both, right?

Reply to
willshak

It is a combo, but it does not broil. To broil, the element must be exposed to radiate to the food. In this case, the element is not visible and the heat is distributed by a fan behind a vent.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I think he's talking about a conVECtion oven - a combination microwave and broiler/toaster kind of thing. I've used one - seemed to work okay, but not great.

JSH

Reply to
Julie