Above ground pool disaster

Hi-

I have a 6 year-old Outback 24' round pool. This winter, it sprung a

leak and was totally empty when I uncovered it this spring. I patched the holes

and tried filling the pool, but when it reached about a foot deep, the liner

started tearing around the top on one side of the pool. I figured the bottom of

the pool was somehow off-center, putting more stress on one side of the liner. I

pulled all the plastic locking bead off and carefully nudged the liner to where

I think it is centered. I re-secured the liner with the bead using the original

marks as a guide. This time (during filling), the metal walls started collapsing in several areas

around the pool. I released the bead and liner, and the liner ended up well

below the top edge of the metal wall.

What is the proper procedure for installing an above-ground liner, and,

is it possible the liner would have shrunk to the point it won't reach the top

edge of the pool properly?

Thanks for reading and for any replies!!

heymikey

Reply to
heymikey

Your liner shrunk. get a new one.

Reply to
CM

we have the pool guys do one, whether it's a new above ground pool for $999 up plus labor, or just the liner plus labor, they do it right. it's summer, you buy the best gauge/thickness warranty liner and the pool to go with it, and get on the installation list before your family kills you on the first hot day you don't drive them to a beach. :)

Reply to
buffalobill

Gee, I have the same empty pool problem, hope my repairs go better than yours.

Most likely you didn't smooth it or secure it properly or you knock a wall section lose.

Sounds like you need new wall sections and a new liner.

Reply to
Dan Espen