Above ground or below ground Oil tank?

Page 2 of 2

What a wonderful, polite person you are! Since you are so articulate, I'll just guess at what it is you want me to back up.
As far as the two thousand tank number, that data is my client's and isn't published.
As far as leakage in general goes, here's one site you can start with.: http://www.monitor.net/rachel/r229.html
And another: http://www.foe.org/new/releases/1102crude.html
The latter specifies: LEAKING GAS STATIONS Waste/loss: 5.2 million barrels per year At 42 gal/bbl, that's 218 million gal/year. The Valdez held 11 million gal. That works out to 20 Valdezes a year or one every two weeks. You're right and I'm wrong - it wasn't one a month; it's twice that.
If you want more, try google. It beats sticking your feet in your mouth, asshole.
Mike
I belive the original post was about underground OIL tanks and not gas tanks.
Still interesting figures....