About recalls for runaway cars.

Page 8 of 10

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:37:03 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

...Until a kid runs out from between parked cars directly in front of you on a busy street.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 11:04 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

h.com> wrote:

At which point the whole left foot braking is pretty much a moot point, because it's chief proponent says he only covers the brake when he expects to have to stop. Like in moving traffic that is slowing down. At which point, his latest claims make no sense. He says he maintains the same safe stopping distance as a single foot braker would. Yet, when I'm presented with the separation between my car and those in front decreasing, I just take my foot of the gas and start applying the brakes. Ashton just starts "hoovering" his left foot over the brake.
The bottom line is this. In the truly unexpected emergency, the left foot braker is likely to have his foot on the floor, where it may in fact take LONGER to get it to the brake than a right foot braker. And in the case where you anticipate the need to stop, the obvious safe thing to do is to begin to apply the brakes right then, not start hoovering.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 8:04 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

h.com> wrote:

in which case his lfb won't help as he doesn't have his foot there "unless I am expecting to use it".
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:40:55 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Unless of course, he is in the right land in heavy traffic, and is also anticipating a parked car's door suddenly opening or other surprises that often happen in a situation such as that.
Apparently, Right foot brakers are so smug that that don't even anticipate things such as that. No wonder there are far more crashes among right foot brakers!
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 4:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

tech.com> wrote:

If one is 'anticipating' something, then you don't need the LFB. What part of that have you missed?

So you don't watch for signs of a car door opening as you drive down a street? I do. Driver in car that just parked...watch for it. Not rocket science.

NIce assertion there. Got a cite? ... didn't think so.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 06:26:05 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Further proof that you are not a deep thinker. Perhaps not even much of a superficial thinker.

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 6:31 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

<snip a bunch>

So you admit you don't have a cite. I'll help you out. RFBs have a lot more accidents than LFBs and it has nothing to do with how you brake. I'll let you ponder why that would be but will give a clue - it involves percentages.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:06:40 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

You just realized that, didn't you! That's why you first thought you needed a cite from me on that point.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 11:12 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Nope, You claimed it had to do with LFB vs RFB and I notice you still haven't provided a cite including those terms. Having a problem are you?
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:22:07 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

How many of the stupid pills did you take? The whole bottle?
I said that there were far more crashes involving right foot brakers, and it went right over your head and parted your hair in the middle, as evidenced by your request for a cite.
See ya!
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 24, 11:57 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

So the answer is "Yes, I am having a problem finding a cite". Thanks.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 21:34:37 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Sorry to hear you are having a problem finding a cite.
You're welcome.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:57:26 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Not only is Harry apparently not very bright based on what he keeps saying in this thread, he's also willfully ignorant. Some people are ignorant because they have never had the option of learning something but Harry has had the chance and chooses to remain blissfully ignorant. It's his loss.
Add pictures here
✖

Looking in the mirror there Ashton? Lets hear more of your idiotic reasoning.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

Your driving is NOT defensive driving, jt is "reactionary" driving, and I would not call it GOOD driving.
As for "can't drive" I've driven competetively as well as "civily" for the better part of 45 years.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 23:10:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

If you are unable to use BOTH feet when you drive without getting confused then you have some issues that are limiting. And the solution for people like you certainly is that you should only use your right foot. If the day comes when I can no longer use both my feet without getting confused I will downgrade to a simpler driving style too. It's just like when your eyesight deteriorates, you compensate by driving slower, leaving bigger gaps, wanting DRLs, only driving in the daytime, etc. I guess I should have been more sensitive to the limitations you old people have to deal with; I suppose that's one of the reasons you get so cranky and riled up over something as trivial as which foot people use to apply the brakes.
Add pictures here
✖

Do you recommend walking with your left foot, or right foot?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 08:50:55 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

You need to ask Harry and Clare, I use both feet. Most likely they only use their right and hop since using two feet to walk would confuse them.
Add pictures here
✖

So instead of using logic (yours isn't btw) you resort to insults. Got it. When you are loosing, insult the oponent.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:12:36 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Yeah, like all the posts you anti's have been making about how I'm a horrendous danger on the highways and how I'll die in a fiery crash aren't insults. Get real you antiLFBer hypocrite.
Add pictures here
✖