about EXTENSION CORDS (safety)

Page 2 of 2

Safer, but only if done correctly. In addition to the QUAD, he'll need an AL rated breaker that is listed for 2/0 - probably 100 amps. On the AC side, he'll need a subpanel, and a 20 amp breaker, followed by an appropriate outlet. Also, since it's now a subpanel, it wouldn't hurt to drive a ground rod. While he's at it, he might as well mount his extension cord.
Can't run triplex in a building without conduit for two reasons. The ground is exposed, the PE insulation burns readily. Also, and you need a grounded, and grounding conductor for the subpanel.
David_nj snipped-for-privacy@mailbolt.com wrote:

2 thoughts on top of the 10 or so others-
1) If I were to plug something hot-n-heavy into an outlet, and wanted the best chance of having minimal losses, I'd swap the outlet to a commercial outlet. If it were a 20A circuit, I'd put on a 20A outlet.
2) If a suitable (outlet) circuit exists that runs reasonably near the location, you could (or could have an electrician) convert an outlet to a box that would then go to surface conduit that could run the outlet to the desired location. Your landlord may go nuts over this, though. To make this solution better, go from the 1st outlet in a chain, and disconnect the chain. Since this is in a bathroom, the bathroom may be on its own breaker.
3) If you supply the money, will the landlord supply an electrician to place an outlet?